Can she escape the real killer?
In this Gold Country Cowboys story, farrier Ella Cahill is accused of murder—and only former marine Owen Thorn, her brother’s best friend, can help clear her name. Now with someone trying to kill Ella, Owen must protect her…despite his promise to her brother to stay away from her. But can they work together to find the true killer before she becomes the next to die?
Guest Post from Dana Mentink
Howdy, friends! I am so thrilled to be galloping into the second book in the Gold Country Cowboy series with you. This book was a hoot to write. It’s got a nice twisty mystery and plenty of danger! Our hero, twin Owen Thorn, is a Marine doing his darnedest not to fall in love with his brother’s little sister, but you know how these things go, don’t you, partners? There’s trouble ahead in cowboy country and this story will take you on a wild gallop to the happy ending! God bless and thanks for coming along!
Dana Mentink is a two time American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Award winner, a Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award and a Holt Medallion winner. She is a national bestselling author of over thirty-five titles in the suspense and lighthearted romance genres. She is pleased to write for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense, Harlequin Heartwarming and Harvest House. Besides writing, she busies herself teaching third grade. Mostly, she loves to be home with Papa Bear, Yogi, Boo Boo, a nutty terrier, a chubby box turtle and a feisty parakeet.
You can find Dana on:
Book Review by Bree Herron
Carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders and heart is exhausting. It isn’t how we are intended to live. Ella and Owen both learn that this weight is a load to be shared.
This books starts of with a bang! And it doesn’t let up. I really loved that this was more of a catch the evil vs. solve the mystery. In this case, you will know right away who is the bad guy. What you don’t know is the history of the person (you will find out) and who is working with him (ugh, this was not a happy moment for me, but I kinda thought it made sense). I also love the way we can view the characters evolve from their stubbornness.
Dana Mentink knows her horses and her suspense. She builds a book based in a ranching community that is packed with surprises and heart pounding moments. It was a pleasure to be sleep deprived after finishing this book in one night.
I am an equestrian and have shown horses my whole life. What type of horse would you ride, a ranch horse or a hunter jumper?
**DISCLAIMER: I was provided an opportunity to read this book as an Advanced Reader Copy in return for a fair and honest review.
- Reading Is My SuperPower, April 12
- Lighthouse Academy, April 12
- Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, April 12
- Daysong Reflections, April 13
- Karen Sue Hadley, April 13
- Janices book reviews, April 13
- Book by Book, April 14
- Ashley’s Bookshelf, April 14
- Jeanette’s Thoughts, April 14
- History, Mystery & Faith, April 15
- C Jane Read, April 15
- The Power of Words, April 15
- To Everything a Season, April 16
- Among the Reads, April 16
- Genesis 5020, April 16
- A Baker’s Perspective, April 17
- Two Points of Interest, April 17
- Carpe Diem, April 18
- Cafinated Reads, April 18
- Maureen’s Musings, April 19
- Simple Harvest Reads, April 19 (Guest Post from Mindy Houng)
- Pause for Tales, April 20
- Have A Wonderful Day, April 20
- Because I said so – and other adventures in parenting, April 21
- proud to be an autism mom, April 21
- Bibliophile Reviews, April 22
- A Greater Yes, April 22
- Texas Book-aholic, April 23
- Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, April 23
- Artistic Nobody, April 23 (Spotlight)
- Kat’s Corner Books, April 24
- Red Headed Book Lady, April 24
- Bigreadersite, April 24
- margaret kazmierczak, April 25 (Interview)
- Raining Butterfly Kisses, April 25
- Remembrancy, April 25
To celebrate her tour, Dana is giving away a grand prize package of a $50 Amazon gift card, Cornbread Mix, and Cowboy Caviar Salsa!!! Find out all the details and enter to WIN at Treacherous Trails Celebration Tour Giveaway.
Commenting gets you 9! extra entries!
Professional Reader Affiliates
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links supplements the costs of keeping my website up and running, and is very much appreciated!