Out of Ordinary
Rollicking New Release from Humorous Historical Romance Author Jen Turano
Miss Gertrude Cadwalader hoped her position as the paid companion to Mrs. Davenport would be easy. But as she becomes acquainted with her employer, she realizes the wealthy Mrs. Davenport has a strange tendency to be a bit light-fingered with other people’s trinkets. Gertrude is relieved when Mrs. Davenport decides to have a quiet summer away from the social scene–until the woman changes her mind in order to help a young socialite launch into society.
When Gertrude is caught in the act of trying to return one of the trinkets by Mrs. Sinclair, the mother of shipping magnate Harrison Sinclair, the woman jumps to an unfortunate conclusion. Harrison is determined to mend fences with Miss Cadwalader, but he’s unprepared for the escapades a friendship with her will entail.
Jen Turano, author of nine books and two novellas, is a graduate of the University of Akron with a degree in clothing and textiles. She is a member of ACFW and lives in a suburb of Denver, Colorado. Visit her website at JenTurano.com.
Book Review by Bree Herron
Permilia is back and enjoying her engagement to Asher but this story is about Harrison (and his delightful sisters), and Gertie (along with Mrs. Davenport). Harrison and Gertrude are “just friend” okay when does that phrase ever mean that in a romance novel? They are the unique definition to upper class, both having strong personalities and a don’t give a darn thinking when it comes to what others may see them as. I felt that was refreshing to read, especially for the era it is set in.
These characters will become instantly the reader’s friends. Trust me, there isn’t even a nasty character that you won’t hope to see again. Clementine that means you!
We start off with poor Gertrude being called a wallflower. And back then that wasn’t a compliment.Well, Gertrude may have been a “wallflower” but she has spunk and so does her boos, Mrs. Davenport. Mrs. Davenport-you totally rock. I loved your happy ending, and all the soul opening moments in between.
“Has anyone ever told you that you’re far too cheeky to fit the expectations of a wallflower?”
Gertrude and Harrison are getting close, which if you know this series you are thrilled. If you don’t know the series, you are still thrilled. It is a win-win. Harrison was this charming, awkward man that didn’t know his love was speaking through. Gertrude was hearing the words but well she was very busy with other tasks at hand. Anyways, with help from family and friends we see love in the end (that is so not a spoiler, we all know romances end happy).
- Vicky sluiter, November 11
- Bookworm Mama, November 11
- cherylbbookblog, November 11
- Book by Book, November 11
- Lane Hill House, November 12
- Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, November 12
- C Jane Read, November 12
- The Power of Words, November 12
- Smiling Book Reviews, November 13
- Moments Dipped in Ink, November 13
- Book Bites, Bee Stings, & Butterfly Kisses, November 13
- Locks, Hooks and Books, November 14
- Faithfully Bookish, November 14
- Bigreadersite, November 14
- Mommynificent, November 14
- All 4 and About Books, November 14
- Just the Write Escape, November 15
- allofakindmom, November 15
- Reflections From My Bookshelves, November 15
- Pause for Tales, November 16
- D’S QUILTS & BOOKS, November 16
- A Baker’s Perspective, November 16
- To Everything A Season, November 16
- Neverending Stories, November 17
- Have A Wonderful Day, November 17
- Christian Bookaholic, November 17
- A Reader’s Brain, November 18
- Karen Sue Hadley, November 18
- The April Journal, November 18
- Cafinated Reads, November 18
- Bibliophile Reviews, November 19
- Blogging With Carol, November 19
- Mary Hake, November 19
- Southern Gal Loves to Read, November 19
- Baker Kella, November 20
- Rachel’s Back Talk, November 20
- Texas Book-aholic, November 20
- Joy of Reading, November 21
- Blossoms and Blessings, November 21
- Remembrancy, November 21
- The Fizzy Pop Collection, November 22
- Splashes of Joy, November 22
- The Important Things in Life: God, Books, & Chocolate, November 22
- amandainpa, November 22
- Inspiration Clothesline, November 23
- Stories Where Hope and Quirky Meet, November 23
- A Greater Yes, November 23
- Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, November 23
- Radiant Light, November 24
- Fiction, Faith, and Fun, November 24
- Raining Butterfy Kisses, November 24
To celebrate the tour, Bethany House is giving away a grand prize of Two Jen Turano Novels and a $20 Starbucks Gift Card!!
To enter CLICK HERE and Comment on this review!
Professional Reader Affiliates
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links supplements the costs of keeping my website up and running, and is very much appreciated!