Lost Christmas Memories
- Author: Dana Mentink
- Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
- Print Length: 224 pages
- Release Date: November 1, 2018
- I Rate it:
- Genre: Christian
- Purchase on Amazon
A witness with amnesia
Can she trust this Gold Country Cowboy with her life?
Tracy Wilson witnessed a murder—but after a head injury, she can’t remember what she saw. Now someone plans to silence her for good, and only cowboy Keegan Thorn believes her. With a killer after her at Christmas, Tracy is running out of time to remember…and falling dangerously hard for the cowboy who could break her heart.
Guest Post from Dana Mentink
Writing this book was bittersweet for me. It was lovely to finally be able to tell youngest Thorn brother Keegan’s story, but I sure am sorry to say goodbye to this series! It was such fun to write about these four kinsmen and the family bonds that held them together through all manner of murder and mayhem! Here at Mentink Manor, we have recently sent a bear cub away to college for the first time. It feels like I have lost a limb now that my Boo Boo is gone! Fortunately, we will enjoy having her home for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Though it won’t be a cozy country Christmas like it is for Keegan (we live in a city of 80,000 here in Northern, CA) we will be thrilled to have all our family home to celebrate together (Mama Bear, Papa Bear, two cubs, a naughty terrier, and a senior citizen box turtle!) I hope you enjoy this last installment in the Gold Country Cowboy series. I am sending along our best wishes for a blessed holiday season, from our Mentink household to yours!
Dana Mentink is a two time American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Award winner, a Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award and a Holt Medallion winner. She is a national bestselling author of over thirty-five titles in the suspense and lighthearted romance genres. She is pleased to write for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense, Harlequin Heartwarming and Harvest House. Besides writing, she busies herself teaching third grade. Mostly, she loves to be home with Papa Bear, Yogi, Boo Boo, a nutty terrier, a chubby box turtle and a feisty parakeet.
You can find Dana on:
Book Review by Bree Herron
Dana Mentink has done it again! She has created a story full of faith, suspense that never ends and a love that is realistic. I couldn’t believe that we were finally to the end of the series, and I am still bummed we won’t be visiting the Thorns again.
I have been in love with this series from the start and am sad to see it end, but to end with Keegan’s story was the best way to go out. Not only is Keegan our resident daredevil and adventure seeker, but he is also one of the kindest characters you can come across. He seeks to defend those that can’t defend themselves, he faces his faith head on and fully embraces each day.
Tracy is a horse gal through and through, with a knack for spotting a really nice horse. But with her stubborn streak, she is facing some trouble with a memory she can’t recall. I really loved how stubborn Tracy was and her determination to not just have a man take care of the problem. She is strong and kind in this book, easily likable.
I love when Keegan and Tracy first meet. Initial meets are always some of the best parts in literature and this was a very exciting introduction. Let’s just say that there was a lot of surprises and action that led to them teaming up. But the instant reaction from Keegan was wonderful and Tracy “Pockets” soon saw she could count on him.
As always the ending is filled with action. I mean there was so many moments that I held my breath and found myself on the edge of my seat. I easily finished this book in an afternoon and then mulled over the story for sometime after. It was a great honor to journey with this family and characters to the very end and it is an ending worth reading.
**DISCLAIMER: I was provided an opportunity to read this book as an Advanced Reader Copy in return for a fair and honest review.
- Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, November 22
- Christian Bookaholic, November 22
- Among the Reads, November 22
- Inklings and Notions, November 23
- Just Your Average reviews, November 23
- Blogging With Carol, November 23
- Because I said so -adventures in parenting, November 24
- D’S QUILTS & BOOKS, November 24
- Jennifer Sienes: Where Crisis and Christ Collide, November 24
- Moments, November 25
- Simple Harvest Reads, November 25
- Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, November 25
- Genesis 5020, November 26
- SusanLovesBooks, November 26
- Remembrancy, November 26
- Kat’s Corner Books, November 27
- Pause for Tales, November 27
- Ashley’s Bookshelf, November 27
- Quiet quilter, November 28
- Reading Is My SuperPower, November 28
- Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess, November 28
- Book by Book, November 29
- A Rup Life, November 29
- To Everything A Season, November 29
- Older & Smarter?, November 30
- Have A Wonderful Day, November 30
- Cafinated Reads, November 30
- KarenSueHadley, December 1
- Lighthouse Academy, December 1
- Daysong Reflections, December 1
- Bibliophile Reviews, December 2
- A Baker’s Perspective, December 2
- Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, December 2
- Janices book reviews, December 3
- Bigreadersite, December 3
- Texas Book-aholic, December 4
- Carpe Diem, December 4
- Godly Book Reviews, December 5
- Book Bites, Bee Stings, & Butterfly Kisses, December 5
Find out all the details and enter to WIN at Lost Christmas Memories Celebration Tour Giveaway.
Professional Reader Affiliates
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links supplements the costs of keeping my website up and running, and is very much appreciated!
Thank you for sharing your review, this sounds great!