Castle on the Rise
A storied castle. A band of rebels.
A nation chasing a centuries-old dream of freedom.
And three women who rise above it all . . .
When Laine Forrester travels overseas to attend her best friend’s vineyard wedding, she expects to find the bride on the brink of a fairy-tale life. But after a series of unforeseen setbacks, it seems the storybook lives they’d imagined are suddenly ripping apart.
With hopes of resurrecting a happy ending, Laine agrees to accompany the newlyweds to the groom’s home in Ireland—never expecting she’d be the one drawn in by its wide-open moors, backroads bordering the Irish Sea, and a mysterious castle that dares to keep its secrets hidden.
From the storied streets of Dublin to the shores of the Emerald Isle, Laine is drawn in to the land and its rich history. The castle ruins whisper stories of Issy—a photojournalist battling through the 1916 Easter Rising, and Maeve—the castle’s lady of legend, fighting for survival through the 1798 rebellion that started it all.
Spanning more than two centuries, Castle on the Rise unites the legacy of three women who must risk mending the broken places within for life, love, and the belief that even through the depths of our pain, a masterpiece of a story can emerge.
Kristy Cambron is an award-winning author of Christian fiction, including her bestselling debut The Butterfly and the Violin, and an author of Bible studies, including the Verse Mapping Series. She is a passionate storyteller who travels to speak at ministry events across the country, encouraging women to experience a deeper life in the Word through verse mapping. Her work has been named to Publishers Weekly Religion & Spirituality TOP 10, Library Journal’s Best Books, RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards, and received 2015 & 2017 INSPY Award nominations.
Kristy holds a degree in Art History/Research Writing, and lives in Indiana with her husband and three sons, and can probably be bribed with a coconut mocha latte and a good read.
Book Review by Bree Herron
This book stays with you into your dreams, daily thoughts, and musings. I have fallen in love with this series and this book swept me away to a story I needed in my life. Laine is a character after my own soul. I mean can you say Hallmark movie character? I could just read more books with Laine and her delightful soul. Yes, this character and setting were living and breathing to me.
I adore that there are time periods that go through three different eras. It made it feel like a time machine trip and a vacation to a castle all rolled into one. This author’s ability to make the pages come to life through words is a knack that many can’t achieve but she does with ease.
**DISCLAIMER: I was provided an opportunity to read this book as an Advanced Reader Copy in return for a fair and honest review.
- Back Porch Reads, February 19
- Maureen’s Musings, February 19
- The Power of Words, February 19
- Library Lady’s Kid Lit, February 19
- Reflections From My Bookshelves, February 20
- Livin’ Lit, February 20
- Texas Book-aholic, February 20
- Fiction Aficionado, February 21
- Gensis 5020, February 21
- Blogging With Carol, February 21
- Bigreadersite, February 21
- Just the Write Escape, February 22
- As He Leads is Joy, February 22
- Just Your Average reviews, February 22
- Inspired by fiction, February 23
- Connect in Fiction, February 23
- Carpe Diem, February 23
- Bibliophile Reviews, February 24
- D’S QUILTS & BOOKS, February 24
- Lis Loves Reading, February 24
- A Baker’s Perspective, February 25
- Emily Yager, February 25
- Moments, February 25
- All-of-a-kind Mom, February 26
- Abba’s Prayer Warrior Princess, February 26
- Girls in White Dresses, February 26
- Mary Hake, February 26
- Simple Harvest Reads, February 27 (Guest Review from Mindy Houng)
- The Christian Fiction Girl, February 27
- Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, February 27
- Stephanie’s Life of Determination, February 28
- Remembrancy, February 28
- Through the Fire Blogs, February 28
- Inklings and Notions, February 28
- Redeemed Hope Dweller, March 1
- My Devotional Thoughts, March 1
- Seasons of Opportunities, March 1
- Pause for Tales, March 1
- Ashley’s Bookshelf, March 2
- The Becca Files, March 2
- Book by Book, March 2
- Living Life Free in Christ, March 2
- Book Bites, Bee Stings, & Butterfly Kisses, March 3
- A Good Book and Cup of Tea, March 3
- All 4 and About Books, March 3
- Southern Gal Loves to Read, March 4
- Reader’s Cozy Corner, March 4
- Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, March 4
- Janices book reviews, March 4
To celebrate her tour, Kristy is giving away a grand prize of one finished copy each of The Lost Castle (book 1) and Castle on the Rise (book 2)!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway!
Find out all the details and enter to WIN at Castle on the Rise Celebration Tour Giveaway.
Professional Reader Affiliates
I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links supplements the costs of keeping my website up and running, and is very much appreciated!